A NEW TYPE OF GRANT – FLEXIBLE FUNDING
This type of Grant is referred to as Flexible Funding.
Flexible Funding has been available since 1st October 2018, for the following energy efficiency measures
- Free Boiler Replacements and
- External Wall Insulation and
- Cavity Wall Insulation and
- Loft Insulation
Qualification for a Flexible Funding Grant will vary area to area, but you do not need to be on any type of benefit.
Instead, a number of factors will be considered to decide if you qualify for a Flexible Funding Grant.
We have set out below a list of factors considered for qualification, but not all of these factors will apply to all of the areas.
Because of the geographical differences for qualification we suggest that you give us a call and check whether you qualify.
Factors taken into account for qualification for a Flexible Funding Grant are:
- The energy efficiency of your property?
- Number of bedrooms?
- Number of people living at the property?
- How much existing Loft insulation at the property?
- The type of wall at the property?
- If the walls at the property have been insulated?
- What is the heating fuel at the property?
- Age of the central heating system at the property?
- Percentage of Disposable Income spent on fuel?
- Anyone aged over 60 living at the property?
- Is there a child under the age of 5 living at the property?
- Is there a pregnant woman living at the property?
Even if you do not qualify as stated above, you may still get funding towards external wall insulation if your neighbours or the majority of homes in your street qualify.
But, it is all a little complicated and confusing, but that’s par for the course when dealing with Government departments.